1. He has always been gracious to me even when I do something that pisses him off. — Jake
2. He’s a great soccer coach! He taught me soccer and that takes a considerable amount of patience, so I really appreciate it! — Kathy
3. I like that Jason is interested in and takes ownership of the family’s personal finances and investments. — Drew
4. I appreciate Jason for his blunt, yet genuine and caring, honesty. — Matt
5. His ability, when necessary, to transition smoothly from humor and smacktalk to seriousness and caring — Jan
6. What I really like about Jason is how he taught me how to be a godly man. It was not through words, but through how he loved his wife, his responsible attitude regarding money, and his outlook on life when hard times come around. — Andrew
7. I love that Jason is both 1) courageously vulnerable to reveal the parts of his heart that are tender because of the pain he’s grieved well and 2) honest and witty about the parts of his heart that still have a shell because there are healing journeys God has yet to call him on. — Amy
8. I appreciate Jason’s kindness and all that Jason does for the soccer team-which is a lot of work! — Kyla
9. Jason, I appreciate your honest love for the Lord, for your family, and for beer! Thanks for being you! — Ti
10. Jason is passionate and easy to see how he is feeling through his facial emotions. You know you can feel safe with Jason — David M.
11. Mr. Poonicles, I appreciate two things about you: your humor and your sensitivity. I saw more of the humor when we first started working together. But as I have gotten to know you better as a friend, and as I have witnessed your interactions with your wifey and your adorable little baby, it is evident to me that you have a side that is sensitive to those around. Ultimately, it demonstrates the greatness of your love and care for others. Happy birthday Poonicles!
P.S. You have a freakin hot wife. – Sarah
12. Jason – the more I find out about you, the more of an extraordinary person I find you to be – as a husband, father, son, friend, and really, in every way. Happy 30th Birthday! — Scott
13. Long list of talents, numerous skills and strengths, a variety of interests, athletic, intelligent, witty, passionate, hard worker, reliable, dependable, “go-to guy”, a good friend, good husband and father. How does someone become a “Renaissance Man” at the age of 30? Really! — Hudd
14. Happy Birthday, Jason! Your incredible love for your wife and daughter and the way you are so committed to serving your family and others well is something I truly respect and admire about you. Your family (and friends) are lucky to have you in their lives! — Carita
15. Jason is a man of few words but he makes them count. When he speaks, it’s usually something profound…or hilarious. He is empathetically willing to share in others’ pain with them – huge for a dude to do. When those he cares about are suffering, Jason will hurt for them AND with them. — Jen S.
16. Jason is an incredibly loyal friend. I can always count on his ear, his support, and his godly wisdom. — Jeff W.
17. I appreciate that Jason shoots straight with me. I know his word is trustworthy and yet he still conveys it with a good balance of truth and grace. I think this comes from his genuine love and care for others. — Josh
18. I appreciate the husband he has been for my best friend, and the friendship that he has freely given to me. — Chris B.
19. He’s just the sweetest husband and father. I respect him greatly and I’m so glad God put him in TJ’s life which also put him in mine 🙂 I wish him all the best on this birthday and every single one following 🙂 — Corrie
20. I LOVE how Jason engages with our boys! I have pictures from when he was swinging Nate around while he was on STINT. Great with kids! — Trisha
21. Jason, I appreciate your acceptance of me as your younger brother. You’ve taught and encouraged me from your life-experience, and you have given generously to me. In many ways, I try to be like you. I love you, big brother! — Jonathan
22. Jason, I have appreciated a lot about you the past several years I’ve known you. What really has stuck out to me is your ability to encourage and affirm. I think of several times where you have been very intentional in this way and I have felt very built up in how God has created me and what He’s created me to do. Thank you for that, I’m better for it! — Joe
23. I really appreciate how encouraging Jason is. I have experienced Jason as a leader and coach and he refines through encouragement and positive feedback. He has a unique ability to be incredible honest in a gentle and loving way. He also does a great job of reminding me of the truth that’s found in Christ. He has truly made my journey through developing partners and soccer an enjoyable experience! Also, I appreciate his intentionality and generosity! — Emily
24. Some things I appreciate about Jason: easy going, focused, ambitious, adaptable, and of course good looking (with or without all his hair) — Rocky
25. I appreciate Jason’s love and passion for the important things in life- Jesus, family, financial stewardship, meat, and soccer 🙂 — Jill
26. Jason is awesome because what you see is NOT what you get… there’s so much more to him than first meets the eye. — Stephen S.
27. To Jason: For your 30th birthday, I want to share with all of Internet land that having encountered many hardships and cumbersome decisions since graduating from college, I’ve learned from you to step up to the plate and just “nut up/man up” to God’s calling in my life, which is to simply bring Him praise in what I do. — Paul
28. I appreciate that Jason is patient, encouraging, and willing to share his knowledge with us, but he’s not an overbearing jerk when we forget or don’t get it. He’s just a good guy! — Jeff H.
29. Your integrity and humility continue to be the traits I appreciate the most about you, and further see as evidence of a genuine follower of Christ. In eight years of knowing each other, you continue to remind me of what true perseverance in Christ looks like. — BMart
30. I’ve come to truly respect you. You are a man who seeks to know and understand yourself and those around you. You are a man who takes responsibility and leads well, especially in the family. — Truman
I had to edit a few for length, and there are more people I heard from so those are included in the comments. If you have something to say about how awesome he is, please join in there!